Research Software Engineer
In this role you will have to use machine learning algorithm, machine learning pipeline and system development (e.g., implementing more advanced & novel machine learning algorithms with our scientist team from scratch) .
Our tech stack follows open standards. These are processed in microservices. Our backend is written in Python, Java, and C++. We use TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, CatBoost, LightGBM, and many other data science libraries (for example, MLXtend, SHAP etc.,) to build our AI libraries.
The interview process will include a walk through a coding and algorithms case study. This is to test that your ability to synthesise, analyse and provide solutions is at the relevant level required for this role.
Write production level python code following good coding practices and design patterns. Good knowledge of AI (machine learning, optimisation) is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You have at least 3 years industrial experience in machine learning algorithm or software development; or at least 3 years research experience in software engineering or machine learning area.
- You have extensive experience in 2 programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++ etc)
- You are comfortable with system level issues (due to python and ML libraries) and have experience with distributed systems.
- You have experience working with different machine learning algorithms, optimization algorithms or meta-heuristic algorithms: Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning (RNN, CNN, GAN etc.,), Genetic Algorithm, Bayesian optimization algorithm.
- Master’s degree and/or PhD in computer science is a plus.
- Generous holiday allowance (21 days) – we encourage everyone to use their allowance!
- Company pension scheme
- Fun team-building activities
- Annual company dinner
- Central London location
- Central London Luxury Gym membership