Big Data Architect
You’re passionate about data and the opportunity it provides to organisations. You ‘get’ Big Data and Cloud computing for more advanced data processing and Analytics, and are excited about these technologies. You are equally comfortable talking to senior client stakeholders to understand their data as well as designing the ingestion process to store the data locally and preparing it for Data Analytics. You have experience in handling vast amounts of data – working on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques. You are someone with a drive to implement the best possible solutions for clients and work closely with a highly skilled Data Science team.
In this role, you will:
- Work with our clients to model their data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Create and manage data environments in the Cloud
- Collaborate with our data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
- Have a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting-edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science
- Use new and innovative techniques to deliver impact for our clients as well as internal R&D projects
- A proven ability to lead a project from an engineering perspective, owning the workflow and setting expectations
- Mentoring junior engineers allowing them to develop and be challenged
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of experience.
- Commercial client-facing project experience is beneficial, including working in close-knit teams
- A proven ability in clearly communicating complex solutions
- Data security & governance expertise
- Strong experience in traditional data warehousing / ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, DataStage)
- Experience and interest in Big Data technologies (Hadoop / Spark / NoSQL DBs) and Cloud (AWS and Azure)
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.